Saturday, January 20, 2007

Tagged!

Chrissie tagged me on Thursday to

1. Grab the book closest to you.

2. Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence.

3. Post the text of the following three sentences on your blog.

4. Name of the author, and book.

5. Tag three people of you own.

So here goes,

"And just the once I kicked down a door that the patient refused to open because they were schizophrenic and didn't want to open the door - not that I knew that at the time.

I've even been surprised at the ease in which I can kick down the doors of the flats I live in. Actually, it would be more accurate to say that I am scared with the ease in which the doors can be broken.'

The book is 'Blood, sweat and tea' by Tom Reynolds.

Tom is actually Brian Kellett, an Emergency Medical Technician (paramedic) with the London Ambulance service who writes a blog of his experiences on the streets of London. The book is a collection of his favourite posts. It is full of black humour (the best medicine for the stresses of dealing with the sick, dying and dead I have found) and I laughed out loud at some of the comments...but it also full of sad touching stories too. It is the kind of book you can dip in for half an hour when you grab a cup of tea.

As for tagging..I don't know many bloggers so...Tina it falls to you lovey!!

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Cool book. I'll take a wander round his blog...later...when I've done my tax returns :(

But you haven't done the second part of the tag??? :D

Tina said...

OOOOPS!! Completely forgot that you tagged me!

Back to do it later: school run beckons.