Thursday, April 27, 2006

Catching up

Goodness hasn't time flown! It doesn't seem five minutes since the beginning of April and now May is round the corner.

We had a fab break at Easter, I combined the bank hols with a few days off and we bummed around for a bit taking the opportunity to visit one or two places.


I have wanted to visit Stonehenge for such a long time. The last time I went was in the 70's - in those days you could clamber all over the stones. These days you have to admire from afar. I was shocked how small it was - don't get me wrong it's a fantastic monument but I had remembered it as much larger (OK I was much smaller in the 70's!!)




We also took the opportunity to visit Raglan Castle - it is amazing we have such fantastic places on our doorstep and we never see them. We followed it up with a delicious lunch in The Bear in Crickhowell - recommended!



3 comments:

Chrissie said...

So was Raglan as lovely as it looked? Must take my friend to The Bear when we visit Crickhowell :D

Flat Golly said...

Raglan was faberluss!! We were there for two hours clambering over the ruins and having a whale of a time.

Taniwha said...

I took Mum to Stonehenge last year when she was over, she was so unimpressed it made me laugh lol!

Raglan looks worth a visit though, I might have to check that out with my camera!